QuickPHP Portable is the QuickPHP lightweight fully functional standalone PHP web server packaged with a PortableApps.com launcher as a portable app, so you can test PHP Web pages on your iPod, USB flash drive, portable hard drive, etc. It has all the same features as QuickPHP, plus, it leaves no personal information behind on the machine you run it on, so you can take it with you wherever you go.
About Quick PHP
QuickPHP is a lightweight fully functional standalone PHP web server.
- A PHP development web server
- The PHP version of Microsoft Visual Studio’s ASP.NET Development Server
- Extremely lightweight in both disk space (file size) and memory footprint
- An empty WinForms .NET application uses more memory than this web server!
- Ideal for quickly testing your PHP scripts locally
- Without the hassle of converting your machine into a web server
- Serves HTML and PHP files
- Can be tested with any browsers
- Handles GET, POST and HEAD requests
- Supports PHP Sessions and Cookies
- Does not rely on PHP to be installed
- Supports PHP extensions and PHP.ini (most scripts require them)
- Extensions such as MySQL, MSSQL, SQLite, Firebird, Zip, Sockets etc.
- Supports command line arguments
- Supports request mods (а la Apache modules such as mod_rewrite, mod_headers etc.) using PHP scripts
- Tested with PHPBB3 – from installation to a fully running forum
- Purely Win32 application – does NOT require .NET framework
- Users have run it in kiosks, Windows Embedded platforms, carry around in USB sticks for presentation etc.
- Especially useful in user accounts with restrictive access!